Author Topic: Easy Chart Plugin Parameters are not working  (Read 5486 times)

derandyk

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Easy Chart Plugin Parameters are not working
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
Hi!

I think I've got a elementary problem with my wordpress plugins.
I run the wordpress installation on my own server. So I guess it could be a server configuration problem. Unfortunately I'm not a PHP programmer and it's hard for me to understand or debug the code.

All my plugins which use [Shortcodes] are not working properly.

www.messtechnik-manufaktur.de

The Easy Chart Plugin displays only the default diagramm. It doesnt matter which code I put in after [easychart ...], its not working.

I got the same problem with other plugins (for example "comprehensive google map plugin")

I thought of having problems with file permissions but even if I put the whole "wp-content" folder to 777 the problem is not solved.

Which kind of files or folders influence the execution of [shortcodes]

Has anybody an idea what the origin of my "parameters are not working" problem could be???

Thx for your time!

Greetings

Andy

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easy Chart Plugin Parameters are not working
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
are you entering your shortcodes in the visual editor or html editor? 

Sometimes when using the visual editor it inserts formatting codes and <br> newlines, which destroy the wordpress parsing of shortcodes.

Edit your post and switch to the HTML editor to see if it has done this

If this is not the case, try this example (cut and paste it using your html editor not visual):

Code: [Select]
[easychart type="horizbarstack" height="50" width="200" title="horizbarstack" groupnames="Group 1, Group 2" valuenames="B, A" group1values="11,23" group2values="15,30"]
also make sure there are no line breaks

jleroy

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
Hi

don't understand what is wrong in this :

[easychart type="pie" title="" groupnames="Fosun (9.96%),CMVT International* (7.1%),Rolaco (5.6%),Fidelity FMR (8.3%),GLG Partners LP (1.2%),Franklin Finance (5.8%),AXA Private Equity Capital (9.4%),CDC (6.0%),Air France (2.0%),Benetton(2.2%),Instit. étrangers (22.0%),Instit. français (9.4%),Autodétention (0.7%),Salariés (0.1%),Public et divers (10.2%)" group1values="9.96" group2values="7.1" group3values="5.6" group4values="8.3" group5values="1.2" group6values="5.8" group7values="9.4" group8values="6.0" group9values="2.0" group10values="2.2" group11values="22.0" group12values="9.4" group13values="0.7" group14values="0.1"  group15values="10.2"  chartcolor="E8F5F4" chartfadecolor="E8F5F4"]

using WP3.4.2 and ChartBuilder1.2

Thanks

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »
I'm on the road at the moment but ill dig in and get back to you

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
jleroy,

You are doing everything right but looks like only up to 11 group values are working for the charts.  This surprises me I think its a bug.