Support > Wordpress Plugins

(resolved partially) log scale, 2nd y axis, gridlines

(1/2) > >>

kenl:
Just starting using the ECB. It is great, but there are a couple things that I need that may not be there.

Is there the capability to change the y-axis to a log scale? If not, do you think you will add it soon?

Also can a person create a 2nd y-axis? Again if not, do you think you will add it soon?

doug@dyerware.com:
Well the log scale isn't something that could be done easily however the second axis is.
What type of customization are you wanting with it?

kenl:
I want to use one y axis for two series of data (in units of dollars) and then the other y-axis will be for 2 other series of data (in units of %).

I need the log scale for a separate rather simple bar chart.

So then is a log scale chart possible?

doug@dyerware.com:
Log scale won't be possible.  I think a second y axis would be.  Creating options to tie the various axis to which data sets would be a bit of effort, and you would have to specify this in your shortcode arguments.  It would not be something that will happen quickly but I'll try to add this.

kenl:
That's great, I can live without a second axis for a while but when you add it, it would be great.

I suppose I could convert the data to logs and then plot it, then I wouldn't need the log scale on the chart. I would just need to label the axis accordingly.

Another thing I couldn't seem to find were gridline options. I tried to use the watermark as a substitute for gridlines, but it looks like you can only put one watermark band on a chart. If I could put more than one watermark band on a chart then it could work great as a substitute for horizontal gridlines. Any possibility of adding that option?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version