Author Topic: Easy Chart Builder 2.0 beta (updated B3)  (Read 25043 times)

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easy Chart Builder 2.0 beta (updated B3)
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:44:23 AM »
I know folks are frustrated it has not been updated recently.  2.0 completely redoes the rendering and javascript.  Charts are dynamic, as the mouse rolls over key areas they will highlight.

There will be more options to tailor axis titles and legend and whatnot, but some features are going away.

I think everyone will like the outcome much better.  Your pages will not break as the old tags will remain identifiable but may not do anything. 

Once things are settled and more is in place, will follow up on this post.

Update
==========================
beta 3 drop can be found here for those that want to use it.
http://www.dyerware.com/beta/ECB2b3.zip

To install it, simply replace the easy-chart-builder.php in the plugin folder with the one provided in the zip file above.

New: importsql argument to specify an SQL Table to drive the chart.  Use the valuenames argument to specify the column name in the table for the values in the value axis.  Use the groupnames argument to list columns you want in the chart.

Below are two examples everyone can do as they are simple plots of your wordpress tables.  Note only one column of the table in these simple demos is plotted:
[easychart type="line" importsql="wp_posts" valuenames="post_date" groupnames="comment_count"]
[easychart type="horizbar" importsql="wp_links" valuenames="link_name" groupnames="link_rating"]

If you create a custom table, you can do a lot of things.  For example if you enter the tutorial chart found on the ECB document page, and you listed the tests (3D, E-Learning, etc) under the column "tests", you could access it as such:
[easychart type="horizbar" importsql="testchart" valuenames="tests" groupnames="AMD Phenom X4 9950,Intel Core i7 940"]

New: importcsv argument to specify a csv file to drive the chart: importcsv="yourfile.csv"
The beta has an example csv file for you to explore the format.  Specify the full path or plop it in your wordpress root folder.

Change: Only Pie, Line, horizbar|stacked, vertbar|stacked are supported.  Overlapped, radar, and scatter are not implemented.  Scatter will eventually be added.

Bugs: The data table is screwy and will likely be fired in favor of the original one.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:27:14 PM by support »

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easy Chart Builder 2.0 beta (updated)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:03:49 PM »
Update beta 2:
fixes pie charts

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easy Chart Builder 2.0 beta (updated B3)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »
Update beta 3:
SQL Import feature.

xtremetoonz

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »
Will 2.X support more than 12 groups? I have a particular need for 14. Thank you!

keeley

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
Loving the new charts. Any chance the currency will work with the roll overs on the charts? Right now there are no commas or dollar signs. Thanks much.

reblerich

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »
Im struggling a little with  this plugin, im not sure where my shortcode is wrong, can anyone help please?

[easychart type="pie" height="200" width="200" title="SLA Hits" groupnames="Critical Hits, Disaster Recovery, Uptime" groupcolors="FF00FF, 005599, 229944" valuenames="SLA, SLA2, SLA3" groupXvalues="30, 20, 50"]

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:35:09 AM »
Im struggling a little with  this plugin, im not sure where my shortcode is wrong, can anyone help please?

[easychart type="pie" height="200" width="200" title="SLA Hits" groupnames="Critical Hits, Disaster Recovery, Uptime" groupcolors="FF00FF, 005599, 229944" valuenames="SLA, SLA2, SLA3" groupXvalues="30, 20, 50"]

That "X" in groupXvalues should be a number, 1-N , where group1values = list of values for the first guy in your group names list.

Assuming you want one of those values per group (and a pie chart thats a good assumption) try this:
[easychart type="pie" height="200" width="200" title="SLA Hits" groupnames="Critical Hits, Disaster Recovery, Uptime" groupcolors="FF00FF, 005599, 229944" valuenames="SLA, SLA2, SLA3" group1values="30" group2values="20" group3values="50"]

ciiciprian

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
Hello,

I saw that the current plugin still has problems regarding the negative values insertion

and do you look in future to create the possibility of communication with excel tables?

Thank you for this great application!

Ciprian

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
Hello,

I saw that the current plugin still has problems regarding the negative values insertion

and do you look in future to create the possibility of communication with excel tables?

Thank you for this great application!

Ciprian

Sorry Ciprian,

Are you referring to the beta 2.x or the 1.x in the wordpress plugin directory?  2.x will eventually become released, however we are developing new iPhone game and its difficult to find time for the plugins until it finally is birthed :)

-d

ciiciprian

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
I`m reffering to the last plugin (2x) in comparison with the first one.

Thanks,
Ciprian

tomC

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
This plug-in looks perfect for a little site I'm putting together, especially working with mysql.

The plugin from wordpress works just fine, but as soon as I install the beta per instructions above no charts appear.  (Tried even using the basic [easychart] shortcode just to test)

The only other plug-in I'm using is "Maintenance Mode" and "WP-Polls".  Using a little bit of javascript, jquery.masonry, and that's all.  Curious if anyone's had issues with these, maybe has some advice...etc.  Perhaps it's the latest version of WP doing this?

Perhaps there's a way using PHP and some loops to generate values on the fly so that I might be able to use the release version?

bluvector

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »
Hello, I saw that you can power the charts with your wordpress mysql.  Is it possible to use an external database to power the charts instead?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:48:01 PM by support »

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 11:48:51 PM »
Hello, I saw that you can power the charts with your wordpress mysql.  Is it possible to use an external database to power the charts instead?
Thank you!

I'm not sure but I think it has to be the same dbase.  It can use a csv file however

lobster

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
First of all thanks for the great plugin.

However, after updated to 2.0 beta, a lot of the features like "grid", "watermark" no longer work?
Also the legend has been moved to the right, prefer it bottom.

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
I gotta fix the legend.  My plan is to put all the features in that I can.