Author Topic: Easy Review Builder: Change Layout  (Read 5424 times)

AVPergakis

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Easy Review Builder: Change Layout
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:41:15 AM »
I love this plugin! Thank you SO much for making it.

I have two things I need some help with.

#1:

I'd like the table to float to the left, with the text to the right. I tried to edit the CSS
Code: [Select]
.easyReviewWrapper to
{float:left;} but that did not solve the problem. I also tried the same code with
.easyReviewTable
#2:

How can I have two different sizes of tables? Say a small one for the individual reviews, but then on the home page, I want a big one that summarizes all of the reviews in a list.

For example, I have a table on Review #1, #2 and #3 with the overall rating set up to show the average of each table. I want these to be small and float to the left of the review text in the post.

But then on the home page I want another table where it lists the links to the full reviews and has the overall star rating. I hope that makes sense. This one I want to be big, taking up the entire content area, centered. Sort of like a comparison table.

So, I need to have maybe two sets of CSS for that? Like th.easyReviewRowsmall and th.easyReviewRowBig or something like that? And even then, how would I get it on the pages? I don't need it to auto populate the table on the home page or anything, but how would the short code even work if I have two sets of CSS going on for two different sizes of tables?

I hope all that made sense for what I'm looking for.

AVPergakis

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Review Builder: Change Layout
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:22:40 AM »
OKay, I'm dumb!

I figured out how to solve my issue for #2 in my original post. *facepalm* This why I should not try to do coding stuff at 2:00 am!

So yes, only issue #1 I still need some help with. Thanks!

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »
Ok sorry you are having issues with the css property.  The css field is for the class attribute of html tags.  I'm not sure you can embed css code there, just a css class name.

If you copied the easyreviewwrapper class to your own theme's CSS file, while renaming it to mywrapper (or some such) and customized it to have the desired float attribute, does that work?

AVPergakis

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
Yes, that is exactly what I did, copy the css and renamed it. Like I said, I wasn't thinking straight when I made the post! That worked for having the two different sized tables anyway.

But, I still can't get the table to float to the left. I've tried making the text in the post float to the right and messed with the CSS to make the table float to the left, but nothing works.

You can see the example here: http://personalisedemail.co.uk

Thank you for the quick reply!

AVPergakis

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
Okay, I have no idea what I did, but it works now! I fiddled with the paragraph css code and somehow it worked! Again, must be me trying to code stuff in the middle of night!

Thanks so much for the help! I love this plugin!