Author Topic: [Easy Review Builder] - Results are returned at the top of the post  (Read 6527 times)

tegyn

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello!
Firstly, this seems like a great plugin!  Look forward to using it.

Please help - whenever I use the short code, the results are returned above all other text.

I believe that this has something to do with the use of "echo" over "return", but I can't make heads or tales of this in the plugin code.  Indeed, I'm using Wordpress so I don't have to!!!

Please help - I want to return the results of the shortcode beneath other, formatted text.

Thanks so much!

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [Easy Review Builder] - Results are returned at the top of the post
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
Can you post your shortcode?

tegyn

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:53:13 AM »
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

[easyreview title="Shot Review" cat1title="Overall Appearance" cat1detail="Overall Appearance text" cat1rating="5" cat2title="Overall Flavor" cat2detail="Overall Flavor text" cat2rating="5" cat3title="Aroma" cat3detail="Aroma text"  cat3rating="5" cat4title="Body" cat4detail="Body text" cat4rating="5"  cat5title="Brightness" cat5detail="Brightness text" cat5rating="5" cat6title="Crema" cat6detail="Creama text" cat6rating="5" cat7title="Acidity" cat7detail="Acidity text" cat7rating="5" cat8title="Overall Impression" cat8detail="Overall Impression text" cat8rating="5" summary="Summary Text"]

I've tried using your example shortcode as well.  same deal.

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with your shortcode...   I assume by 'results' you are saying the summary/conclusion appears at the top outside of the table?

Using your code, the review box comes out fine.  Maybe its a plugin settings option that has a bug... have you used the plugin admin page to configure anything?

Also, could you provide a link to some page that shows this?  THen Ill go in and study the HTML.

sorry you are having problems!

tegyn

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
Hey mate,

Thanks for the support.
But gee, i'm confused.  I just went to find the permalink and found, instead, that it's now working - that is, the display (the summary as you correctly assumed) is now displayed where the shortcode is pasted in the document.

I'm not sure what I changed.  The post was originally set to private and not to be published until 2012.  I changed these so you could view it, but when I changed them back it still works.  The only thing I can think of is that I only just - today - upgrade to WP3.1 - so perhaps that fixed the problem...

WHatever the problem is, it now works... thanks heaps anyway - and my apologies for wasting your time!

regards

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
Maybe the page was cached