Author Topic: (resolved) Showing Currency  (Read 7538 times)

lance_kidd

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
(resolved) Showing Currency
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
Hi,
I've been using your plug-in for a few months now and do like it.  I have a couple of questions.  One is, is there another way to display currency amounts?  When the "show table data" link is clicked on, the numbers look like this $4561231.00, for four million, five hundred and sixty one thousand, two-hundred and thirty-one dollars.  If I insert a comma, it screws the whole table up.

Is there a way to rectify this?

One last question.  The plug-in is super great, but I wish the table images were sharper and crisper.  In comparision to other images that I have on the page, the table looks a little dull.  Is there a way that I could modify the .css to get it to sharpen the image so that the table colors and the values could be more vibrant and crisp?

Thanks for your help and much appreciate your hard work.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:25:57 PM by support »

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Showing Currency
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
Ah good point on the commas on the data table. On the crispness are you talking about the data table again or the actual graph?

lance_kidd

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
I provided a link to the page that I'm using the table on.  I'm going to use it on another page where I plan to replace several boring tables with these graphs.  I take back what I said about the image being crisp. It is ok.  I might would darken the numbers or enhance them a little if there was an option I could modify in the .css file, but then again, I haven't checked. 

The graphic is fine though. Thanks for responding so quickly.  If you find a work around for the currency values, you can post it and I'll check back. 

http://csx-corruption.com/politics/

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
Ok I'll reply back to this thread on updates concerning those two issues as I mull them over :)

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
(resolved) Re: Showing Currency
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
Released 0.9.6.  This puts currency formatting in the data table.  The chart itself does not have currency formatting... Ill look into that in a future release (its a bit trickier to do)

lance_kidd

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Re: (resolved) Showing Currency
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »
Thanks for doing that. I can't get it to work though  ;D  As far as currency showing up in the actual chart, I don't really care about that, but that was very nice of you to do an update to the plug-in to change the actual datatable.

How do I need to put currency in? Here's what I have now:

[easychart currency="$" groupnames="Lobbying Amount for Specified Year" valuenames="2006, 2007, 2008, 2009,2010" group1values="3463445,3236402, 4360173, 5175241,4564375"]

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: (resolved) Showing Currency
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »
ok now its REALLY resolved  :o

0.9.6 still had the old javscript file.  I went ahead and bumped the rev to make sure everyone gets the latest js file.

Your shortcode worked fine

anything