Author Topic: (Added in 1.0) Easy Chart Builder: X Axis Values  (Read 6336 times)

urlingo

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
(Added in 1.0) Easy Chart Builder: X Axis Values
« on: April 07, 2011, 04:23:01 AM »
I absolutely love your plugin. It is so easy to configure. However, I have a slight problem that I need to resolve immediately. Hi below is my code:
[easychart type="horizbarstack" height="50" width="200" title="horizbarstack" groupnames="Completed, Total" valuenames="Progress" group1values="6" group2values="33"]

I am using the above as a progress bar. There are 33 tasks and 6 of them are completed. But the X Axis shows 35 which is inaccurate. I need to max-out the value at 33. Is it possible? Also, since I am using this as a progress bar, is there any way I can avoid the axes?

Thank you so much for building this plugin. You made my day!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:10:00 PM by support »

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Easy Chart Builder: X Axis Values
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:28:48 AM »
I see what you are saying.  Would really like to see this when you are done.

The axis is technically correct being a stacked chart (its 33+6) but thats not what you want.  It would be best if we removed the axis altogether I would think.

It should not be too much to change.  Ill get it out this weekend.

regards
-d

urlingo

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
We have about 13 milestones to finish a project. To report the progress, I am using this horizontal stacked chart. When I use the shortcode, it is giving me a chart like the attached one. But it is inaccurate. And it makes it look like we have a long way to finish the project. Also even if I say 13 out of 13, it still shows as if we have not completed anything. So removing just the axis values are not going to help. The chart should respect the maximum value given. So when we say 13,13 we can see just the green bar. Is this possible? Thanks again for making the data table show without any buttons.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:22:49 PM by urlingo »

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
When I run the shortcode you provided, I get an axis of 39, which is correct for a stack chart.  The stack formulae says to have both values fully represented one after the other (6, then 33).    If I change 6 and 33 each to 13 and 13, I get two equally sized bars and the chart totals to 26.

This behavior is counter to what I think you want, which is an overlapped chart.  For those, you have a bar at 6, then the fraction of 33 left (27), so the total axis is the size of the largest bar, not the summation of both.

Or maybe think of it as plotting two values: X, and 13 (where X is 0-13).  The axis would be 13 no matter what value X takes on.

I do not yet support overlapped charts but think I can add it for you if it helps.  Am I understanding your problem OK?

urlingo

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »
Good Morning, Yes, you got my problem. I think I need an overlapped chart since we are trying to indicate the progress on a finite set of tasks. It would be great if you can add that functionality. Please see the attachments. The file names are self descriptive. Thanks again for the continuous support. I showed it to my peers and they were amazed at your speed of response.

PS: Sorry, I did not understand the purpose of a horizontal stack chart in the first place. It was my mistake.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:04:17 PM by urlingo »

urlingo

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Re: (Added in 1.0) Easy Chart Builder: X Axis Values
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Good Morning, Thanks a lot for adding the overlapping charts feature. Now the easy chart builder plugin looks complete  ;) Thanks again for your excellent service and support!