Author Topic: Vertical Axis does not include my data  (Read 4781 times)

greggsplatter

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vertical Axis does not include my data
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
I am trying to put together a graph showing % on the vertical axis and dates on the horizontal axis.

My % data is the follows 77.6%,78.4%,78.4% however my vertical axis only goes up to 75%...how do I fix this. My code is as follows:

[easychart type="line" height="275" width="350" title="% Full" groupnames="Date" valuenames="1 Aug, 2 Aug, 3 Aug" group1values="77.6,78.4,78.4" minaxis="50" hidechartdata="true"]

Tks for help

Randal

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vertical Axis does not include my data
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:10:21 AM »
Oh ok sorry about that.  Ill look at it and get back to you (have a bit of a cold right now)

-d

Thomasso

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »
Hi, I just started using this plugin too, and I have a similar question regarding the vertical axes as well.

I created a vertical bar-graph (histogram with ordinal data) with 4 categorise along the X axes, and the scale, or number of votes, along Y or vertical axes.  I want the vertical axes to be in whole numbers going from 1 to 5, as the highest number of people voted in that one category is 5. Instead I get a scale that increases every 0.5. Is there anyway of keeping the scale in whole numbers? 

[easychart type="vertbar" height="100" width="200" title="A Poll On the Market Economy" groupnames="Votes n=10" valuenames="Yes, Maybe, No, Not a Chance" group1values="1,0,4,5"]

The webpage where I have the graph: http://www.thomasso.com/2011/08/02/results-from-my-latest-poll/

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
I am trying to put together a graph showing % on the vertical axis and dates on the horizontal axis.

My % data is the follows 77.6%,78.4%,78.4% however my vertical axis only goes up to 75%...how do I fix this. My code is as follows:

[easychart type="line" height="275" width="350" title="% Full" groupnames="Date" valuenames="1 Aug, 2 Aug, 3 Aug" group1values="77.6,78.4,78.4" minaxis="50" hidechartdata="true"]

Tks for help

Randal

Randal,

I just tried it and it works fine for me.. I see 78.  Is that short code exactly what you are using?  It is also possible given the space allotted for the chart that the vertical scale marks 75 below the top line.  Google scales these during the render.

Can you provide a link to an example of this on your site?

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
Hi, I just started using this plugin too, and I have a similar question regarding the vertical axes as well.

I created a vertical bar-graph (histogram with ordinal data) with 4 categorise along the X axes, and the scale, or number of votes, along Y or vertical axes.  I want the vertical axes to be in whole numbers going from 1 to 5, as the highest number of people voted in that one category is 5. Instead I get a scale that increases every 0.5. Is there anyway of keeping the scale in whole numbers? 

[easychart type="vertbar" height="100" width="200" title="A Poll On the Market Economy" groupnames="Votes n=10" valuenames="Yes, Maybe, No, Not a Chance" group1values="1,0,4,5"]

The webpage where I have the graph: http://www.thomasso.com/2011/08/02/results-from-my-latest-poll/

The scale is just auto-computed by google.  There is little convenient control over it, sorry.

anything