Author Topic: Auto-refresh  (Read 4569 times)

simplon

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Auto-refresh
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
Is it possible to have feedHopper refresh on launch, unless it was run in the last n hours? Fewer taps = more fun!

doug@dyerware.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auto-refresh
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »
Well, there is an auto-refresh which you can configure on a feed-by-feed basis.  Edit the feed settings of a particular feed and touch "rss content".  You will see the auto-reload option.

Now, one thing to note, if you are multitasking then it won't trigger unless you kill the app and start it from scratch.  its really a "check for items on startup".  I haven't thought about this feature for a while but it could be triggered when the app becomes active (rather than on startup), and as you say after some TBD amount of time.

Am I on target with what you are asking?  We can modify this feature as such.

simplon

• Tadpole
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-refresh
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »
Sorry, I did look there but zoned out because of the sheer number of on/off switches. Personally I'd prefer auto-refresh to be global.

It would have to happen on activation. I use RSS frequently so the app rarely gets killed. Also the average user would be very confused if tapping an icon on the home screen does different things depending on how much memory is left.

anything